Right now, FITBIT is one of the best activity trackers out there according to TechRader.com 2016 reviews (and MEEEEEEEE!) Amazon list Fitbits as the top selling Activity tracker on its website. The company offers eight different models. I have owned the Fitbit One, Fitbit Flex and the Charge HR.
So why am I (and Millions of others) addicted to their Fit Bits? Here are the top reason reasons I love my “Glorified pedometer.”
It has a really cool app!
From either your phone or the Web (https://www.fitbit.com/app). Check the link here to discover all the cool features. Make sure that you turn on the notification, (I will tell you why later).
Fitbit friends are more important than Facebook friends. (OK this statement is a total exaggeration, but you get my point, THEY ARE IMPORTANT). Find friends easily through Facebook, email and your contacts and challenge them! Now be warned, there are a million ways to cheat with your fit bit.
Who knew how freaking competitive people are. Ok remember those notifications I told you about? Here’s why they are important. Notifications will let you know when your friends are taunting you, cheering for you, or trying to beat you. I LOVE IT. You will get very creative with hitting your goals when you are in a challenge. Try to aim for challenge groups with people who have similar average steps as you or higher because you can only be in five challenges at one time. Here are the most popular challenges for my friends and me:
- Daily Showdown: Who can get the most steps today?
- Weekend Warrior: Who can get the most steps over the weekend?
- Workweek Hustle: Who can get the most steps Monday through Friday?
- Goal Day: How many participants can reach their daily step goal?
This is what I do to win/be competitive in my challenges (SSSHHH, Don’t tell my Fitbit friends)
- Get out of the car instead of going through the drive through.
- Walk in place as I am cooking, brushing my teeth, etc. (High Knees!!!!!!)
- Walk in place when I am stuck on a conference call or in an elevator or any other chance you get. (OK, people do stare but I just tell them I am trying to get my steps in.)
- Walk over to people’s desk instead of sending an email. (This has actually been helpful in my career as well, go figure!)
- At the top of every hour, get up and get water (Helps with my water intake and my steps)
- Get the remote myself instead of calling the kids to get it for me. (OK, sometimes I still call the kids but that’s their job right?)
- Take the stairs (or at least walk up the steps on the escalator) and definitely take the steps down. Every step counts.
You can make money with it!
There are many ways to earn money…YES MONEY! For wearing your fit bit!Synchronize your Fitbit with Walgreens and for every mile, you earn 20 balance reward points, up to 1,000 points per month. 5,000 points gets you a $5.00 reward to use at Walgreens!You earn 250 points just for signing up with your Fitbit.